My birthday was last Friday, the 13th. I love having Friday the 13th birthdays!! They are fun. This year my husband took me to the ballet for my birthday. We saw "Romeo and Juliet". It was amazingly well done. I did not really think they would be able to do Shakespeare justice, but they did. The dancers movement were so emotional that it was very easy to follow the story line. I was very impressed!!!
I usually save my new year's resolutions for my birthday. January 1st does not really have any significance to me. But my birthday?!?! That means something to me! So I made my goals for my 33rd year!
I need your help (all of my blog readers)!!!! I need you to help keep me on track. Please post notes on my blog to remind me of my goals and ask me how I am doing towards reaching them. That way I will have more than just myself to answer too. Thanks!!
So here are my goals for this year!
Have a purpose for each fast Sunday. Don't just fast because I am supposed to.
Make dinner for my family on a (fairly) consistent basis. Find recipes that my family likes, easy to prepare, economical, healthy, and can be made with items from food storage, and make them into a cookbook for our family.
Food storage....
A) purchase 6 months worth by the end of 2009
B) Set up the food storage areas & use my sister's plan for rotating food
C) Make a food storage cook book / meal plan and follow it
D) Either Dixon or myself will go to the cannery at least once a month (3rd Thursday- our ward cannery day)
Do one thing each day to help organize myself/my family/my home....This can be a 5 minute project or doing one portion of a large project.
Make more friends. Once a month (minimum) have someone (or a family) over for dinner and games. Make an effort to talk to more people at church and the B-course wives at the squadron.
Learn to sew. I want to sew my son's Halloween costume this year. I have the sewing machine already and can sew a straight stitch, but that is about it. I need to set up a "sewing station" in
the "craft room" and practice. I need to find small projects to practice, also.
So there they are....my goals to reach before my 33rd birthday!!! I really hope you will help me by commenting on my blog making me be accountable for them! ( I know it seems like a lot of goals but I actually narrowed it down quite a bit. )
Last few Moments of 2011
14 years ago
1 comment:
That is a great idea to post your goal.....good luck on them!!! I'm always on the hunt for good recipes that use my food storage.
Post a Comment