Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting ready for Halloween


This will be Titan's first real Halloween. Yes, he had Halloween last year, but he did not get any candy (he was only 3 months old) or get the thrill of dressing up in a costume. This is last year's costume. I don't think he really knew that that costume was any different from his regular clothes. I borrowed the costume from a friend since the Italians don't really celebrate Halloween and I could not find a costume in a store for him.
This year he is a Lion. I actually wanted to dress him up as a tiger but I could not find a tiger costume in his size, unless I wanted to pay full price for it. I found his Lion costume at a kids second hand store. Titan has a little board-style book all about Tigers. On the last page it says "Big tigers "roar". Little tigers say "meow" Titan loves to read that book and everytime he sees it he ROARS, just like the tigers. So that is why I wanted him to be a tiger for Halloween. Titan seems to think, now, that every animal roars. Dogs roar, cows roar, fish roar...every animal roars....except, of course, the lion. The lion doesn't say anything. At least he doesn't say anything when I ask him "what does a lion say?" Oh, well.....at least he is cute in his little lion costume. We had a squadron kids Halloween party and a church Halloween party this past weekend. Here is picture of Titan in his Lion costume. I just love my little lion!!!!



We also went to the Tolmachoff Farm last Saturday. The farm is more of a patting zoo/corn maze/pumkin patch. It also sells the produce that is grown there, but I think it makes the most of its money from all of the fun kid stuff. Titan saw lots of animals and also picked out his own pumkin for Halloween. Here are some of the pictures of the fun time we had there.




























Oh, BTW, Titan has a new word. It's "Nana". We were in the grocery store the other day and as I was walking through the produce he reached out and said "nana". He was trying to grab a banana.

4 comments:

Holloway Family said...

Titan is so cute!!!

Stephen and Heather said...

Titan is a cute lion. One of my kids is going to be a lion this year also. Titan is so cute.

Ann said...

I loved the story about the quiet Lion. It made me laugh. Titan is total cute all dressed up.
My kids love petting zoos. They never want to leave. It look like Titan was not afraid of the animals.

Unknown said...

Cute costume. I remember when Kamilah wore it when she was 5 months old. So cute. Give your little lion a big hug for me.