NOT-SO-CUTE
Last Friday morning, (Oct. 3, 08) Titan and I went outside to wave bye-bye to Daddy/Dixon as he went to work. As we went back inside Titan saw the alarm controller-thingy and wanted to press the buttons. He has been going through this phase where if he sees a button he has to press it. He loves to see/hear the effect of it. I did not think letting him press the buttons would do anything because we are not paying a subscription for it. So I let him press some buttons for a little while and we then started doing something else. Later, when I was going to take the trash out, I opened the door and a bunch of beeps started going off. I pressed a few buttons on the alarm control pad, especially the "cancel" button a couple of times but the beeps just kept beeping. Then the real alarms sounded and boy was it LOUD! Rocky started howling and Titan started sucking his thumb and looking around with a worried look on his face and . . . I had no idea how to turn the "beeping thing" off.
After a couple of minutes of thinking it was going to stop on its own I went outside to the electrical box and turned all the power off. By the time I got to the power box, of course, the alarms stopped. I turned off the electricity anyways because I thought it would re-set the alarm controller-thingy. I turned it back on and went back into the house. Guess what?!?! As soon as I opened the door to go in the alarm went off again!!!! I ran back to the electrical box and turned off the power again. But it didn't work. The alarms kept going!!! It was so loud!!! Rocky was howling and now Titan was begging for me to pick him up. He was scared but sucking his poor thumb kept him from crying.
I put Rocky outside, picked up Titan and went to the neighbors house. At least I was dressed because I am not always dressed by this time every morning. My neighbor did not know how to work the alarms either because her's had never gone off before, plus she had a different kind. We stood out side for a while and tried to think about what I should do. After a while the neighbor across the street drove up and started unloading his groceries. I went over to him, introduced myself, and asked him to help me. He said his son had done the same thing with his alarm, so he knew just what to do. First he checked the electrical box, then he grabbed the ladder and went upstairs in my house. He found the siren in the A/C vent (I never would have thought to look there) and disconnected the wire from the siren. After that he went to the control panel and disconnected the wires on it. Finally the blarring stopped. AT LAST!!! Robert was the hero of the day!!!
Lessons learned...don't touch the alarm control pad unless you know what you are doing. And don't let the little boy who can reconfigure the computer in less than 3 seconds touch it either!! I love him though.
Cute!!
Usually I keep the stroller in the car or in the garage but yesterday after Titan and I came back from a walk I just pushed it right into the house and left it in the entryway. Later that evening I was cleaning up the dishes and Titan started pushing the stroller around the house. He was laughing and having so much fun until he got it stuck between the cabinets and the island in the kitchen. He started whinning and was trying to get it unstuck. He wasn't having much luck getting it unstuck so I went over to help him. I grabbed the stroller and started pushing it back to the entry way. As I was doing this Titan grabbed onto it an pulled himself up onto his feet. Once he was on his feet he started climbing on it. I thought, "okay, if it will make you happy" and picked him up and put him in the stroller. He got a huge smile on his face and started reaching for the door. Rocky saw this and started getting excited. He came up to me and wagged his tail and whined until I got the hint. They both wanted to go for another walk. I can't believe that I got conned by a 14 month old and a dog!!! We went for another walk.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love your stories. Both were great. Sound like Titan and Rocky got you wrapped around their finger/ paw. Did the police ever show up with the alarm?
I am glad you weren't stuck outside of your house any longer!
I love how little non-speaking monkeys can communicate what they want. Ali is really good at dragging me to what she wants or pointing and grunting. It's a fun guessing game - Usually!! ?>"MKm,nlmjk';
P{
i think that they are both cute haha! you better watch out for that boy
What fun you are having. I's so glad "What goes around comes around. Treasure theses special times.
Love MOM
Oh Karen I miss you so much!! I sure wish we lived closer so I could share these stories with you everyday. I just laughed through you whole blog and cried. I am so happy for you. Motherhood is amazing--on the days you don't want to pull all your hair out. :)
Love and miss you.
Sabra
Post a Comment