
Titan loves hats. He got lots of hats for Christmas. Papa and Grandma Jo gave him a biking helmet to wear when we go for bike rides.
More cute and not-so-cute things that Titan has been up doing lately;
A few times in the past couple of months Titan has "caught" Dixon and I kissing. We will stand in the kitchen, living room, hall-wall, where ever the mood strikes us and start to kiss. When Titan see us doing this he wants in on the "action" too. He will literally try to pull us apart so that he can kiss one of us.
We have a pretty good bedtime routine for Titan. We will sing songs as we go up the stairs. Then change his diaper, get into pajamas, and then say prayers. After prayers we sit in the rocker/glider and sing more songs and then put him in the crib when he is just about asleep. Some nights Titan is more tired than others. When he is really tired he will point to the crib to get us to put him in there. One night I was singing and rocking with him and I didn't want to put him in the crib just yet. I sang and held him for a long time. I think he pointed to the crib a couple of times, but I really couldn't see what he was doing cause it was so dark in the room. After about the third round of every primary song I can remember he raised his hand and covered my mouth to get me to stop singing.
While on the cruise Titan started a new habit (for lack of a better word). There were not very many other children on the cruise but anytime we saw one Titan did one of two things. If he saw a little girl, he went up to them and gave them a hug or did some little cute gesture to flirt with them. Sometimes he would do this for ladies too. One time Titan and I were walking down the corridor and we came upon a pretty lady walking and holding hands with her 3 or 4 year old son. Titan went up them and pulled their hands apart and put his own hand in hers and tried to walk away with her. . . . . But if he sees a little boy he was not as nice to them. He would go up to the little boy, as calm and casually as can be, then grab and scratch their face. Many times he made big marks on their faces before I could stop him. We figured he was just trying to limit the competition. (That would make Dixon proud, to see a competitive edge in Titan) I feel so bad for the other kids. I had to keep a very close eye on him for a while. It seems as though this faze has past now. Thank goodness!!!! (although, he still hugs the girls)
Titan has recently been battling a cold. He has had a cough and runny nose. After the first couple of days and I started to realize that he was coughing onto other kids. That is when I started telling him to cover his mouth when he coughs. It took a few times and a couple of examples but he now covers his mouth when he coughs (most of the time). He will also cover mine or Dixon's mouth if we forget to do so when we cough/sneeze.
We have started using "Timeout" as discipline. Titan will get sent to timeout if he gets on the table, or hits, or throws something. The timeout spot is the corner of the room created by the couch and loveseat against perpendicular walls and the ends pushed together to make a "box". For a while it worked pretty well but then Titan realized it was easy to pull himself out of that box by squeezing between the place where the arms of the couches don't quite touch. When he pulls himself out of the corner, before timeout is complete, we tell him to go back to time out. And he does! That the crazy thing. He will just cry all the way back to the corner and climb over the couch and put himself back in timeout, and continue crying there. One day Titan did something that he thought he would get in trouble for. We did not see him do it though. Titan came up to us and then started pointing to the time out corner. Usually, when he points he wants you to go in that direction. So we stared walking to where he was pointing not know what he was doing. Once we got there we watched as he crawled over the couch and put himself in the timeout corner and sat down.
Titan has had to learn to say "sorry" and give loves (hugs or cuddles). As all toddlers do, sometimes he will (usually unintentionally) hurt someone by bumping into them or hitting them. I make him go to that person and sign the word "sorry" to them and then give them a "love". One day at a park a little girl was crying. Titan went over to her and watched her cry for a minute. He looked really concerned for her. Then he went over to her and gave her a hug. It was too sweet!



2 comments:
children do the funniest things sometimes. They can make you laugh so hard that you cry or they can make you want to run and hide. I love hearing about your son. He is getting so big.
It looks like the boys had fun in the snow.
Your little boy is so cute. None of my kids liked hats when they were little. I love little kids with hats and your is super cute. I am glad that you guys loved all that snow that Utah got. I guess that it is fun when you just visit the snow.
Post a Comment