Monday, January 26, 2009

Western Carribean Cruise Dec 14-21, 08

We went on a cruise in December. It was my first cruise ever (if you don't count the Nile cruise in Egypt - but that was just a hotel on water that took us to our next sight-seeing place while we slept at night), and Dixon's second. And Titan's first too. This is the boat that we sailed on. During one of our excursion, Titan hogged-tied me with the leash that I put on him. The leash was a life saver (literally!- it stopped him from jumping in the ocean many times) He didn't like wearing it much, so I think this was his way of getting back at me.
Each night our Cabin Stewart would leave a towel folded into a different animal. Each night before bed Titan would give the towel animal a kiss. Awww!

Titan loved the pool on the boat. He would run along the egde of it an then jump into Dixon's arms.

Each night we had dinner on the boat with our good friends Deb and Joe Parsons. They are friend we met in Italy. We had a blast with them!

We went to HELL in the Cayman Islands. It is called hell because of the rock formation that is there.


We also went to the Boatswain' Turtle Farm. It was lots of fun to see all the Turtles. Most of the turtles in the farm are on the endangered list.

On the ferry boat to "Stingray City" Titan is so proud of himself for being able to sit on the bench like a big boy!
Dixon petted a stingray . He is the one whose shoulders are almost in the water with three people looking at the stingray between them. (just left of the center of picture)
Just before I got in the water to play with the stingrays.
On the last day of the Cruise Dixon entered the "Hairy Chest Contest" He came in second to the guy in the yellow shorts. It was rigged. ;)

Titan and I played in the warm carribean waters at Tabyana Beach.

Hiking up the "Mask Temple" on our Mayan ruins tour. Deb (in the white shirt) is such a trooper. She is almost five months pregnant!



Our Family on our second night on the boat. We had elegant dinner night and everyone was dressed up.

Titan and I were exhausted after playing at the beach.

Titan and Dixon went down the water slide on the boat.






















4 comments:

WILD Walker's said...

I looks like you guys had lots of fun.

Holloway Family said...

It looks like ya'll had a great time!! Wonderful pictures. I can't believe how big your son is getting.

Unknown said...

Karen it was so fun talking to you twice today!! I am glad to finally see your photos. What a fun time!! I sure do miss you guys!!
xxxxxx's

Ann said...

I love the photos of Titan hog tieing you and the one of you holding the turtle.
It looks like you had a great time. Maybe some day we can travel together.